Jan 26, 2017
One of the most popular posts that I’ve ever published was this one! And because of it, I now get gel manicures- so thanks for the suggestions, friends! I came up with 6 more things you might not know and one that you probably do!
1. Gilmore Girls! (that’s the one you probably have heard before!) I started watching it when it first premiered. I’d sit at our kitchen table and watch it on the little TV that we had near the table. I rarely missed an episode and I have been watching it ever since! I have mixed feelings about the revival, as most people do, but it still made me reallllllly happy! My husband and son watch it with me now and we are all #TeamJess.
2. Messy buns are pretty much my life. I have this weird wavy, frizzy, curly hair that can only be controlled with products or a flat iron so 97% of the time you’ll see me with my hair up. I even wore it up for my wedding! It just wouldn’t have seemed like me if I wore it down.
3. We just got passports a few months ago! I have never been much of a traveler, or even a vacation-er! Life always seems too busy or complicated to take the time to get away. Growing up we did manage to make it to the beach most summers, but my grandparents had a condo so it was easy to find a place to stay! We went on a cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon and had the best time! I’ll be sharing more on that trip soon!
4. Fashion! I love it! I love to shop and check out all of the latest trends. But, when it comes to actually buying things for me, I tend to be a little more practical and really consider how much use I can get out of an item. That being said, I certainly have had my share of impulse buys! I have this pair of RED skinny pants.. and I mean RED. Most of my wardrobe is a mix of all of the neutrals- black, gray, white, tans, olive green, and blues. Everything can pretty much be mixed and matched and that makes life a little easier for me!
5. Speaking of fashion, let’s take a minute to be thankful that sweatpants exist. I love all kinds of sweatpants- with pockets, without pockets, inexpensive ones from Target, or Cold Gear ones from Under Armor (currently wearing these). Some pairs are never allowed to leave the house, but the ‘nice’ sweatpants I’ve decided are suitable for quick errands. Yoga pants and leggings also fall under this general category and I have a whole dresser drawer dedicated to those with the same rules about which ones can leave the house.
6. The only thing that’s really colorful in my wardrobe is my SOCKS! Today I’m sporting a bright green pair that’s got pigs all over them! I love holiday socks, silly socks, and socks with patterns. It runs in my family and we’re always exchanging fun socks at Christmastime.
7. Last, but definitely not least, I seriously love calendars! Like real, paper calendars! I’m the type of person that needs to write things down to remember them and I haven’t found that typing them into my phone has quite the same effect. I have two calendars, a planner, and my Powersheets that I work off of just in my office! There’s also another calendar hanging in the kitchen for family stuff. Picking the perfect calendar before the start of a new year is a daunting task for me! It has to be perfect!
Now tell me! Are you a paper calendar or Google calendar type of person? What’s the main color in your wardrobe? I’d love to hear it so drop a comment below!